Tue, 29 Jun|
The University of Waikato
Soils, Investing in our Future – 2021 Conference
The Soil Science Australia and the New Zealand Society of Soil Science Joint Conference, in association with ASPAC
Time & Location
29 Jun 2021, 9:00 am NZST – 02 Jul 2021, 5:00 pm NZST
The University of Waikato, 5 Hillcrest Road, Hamilton, New Zealand
About the Event
Registrations are now open for the Soil Science Australia, New Zealand Society of Soil Science, and ASPAC joint hybrid Conference, to be held on 27 June – 2 July 2021. This year, the Joint Conference can be attended at The University of Waikato, Hamilton, in Cairns, Australia, or Virtually, from anywhwere.
The theme for this year’s conference is ‘Soils, investing in our future’. In the current environmental, social and political climate, soils are coming to the fore as our greatest global asset. There has never been a better time to invest in our future, but how do we do that?
We invite delegates to contribute to the programme in-person or online. The conference sub-themes are:
- Soils and climate change
- Soil structural and hydrological systems and their management in the environment
- The role of soils in future function of farming and catchment systems
- Advances in soil science for improved decision making
- Pedology, soil landscapes and spatial mapping: informing the future
- Advances in macro/microbiology and lessons for improved soil function
- Protecting our soil resource from degradation & contamination
- Effective management of nutrients and water
- Soils: Building capacity, society and culture
Full registration includes:
- Access to all conference sessions
- Morning, Afternoon Teas and Lunches
- One ticket to the Welcome Function
- Conference Pack including Programme
- Access to the Conference App
- Access to the virtual platform to view recordings after the conference
Day registration includes:
- Access to Conference Sessions for the day you are registered
- Morning Tea, Afternoon Tea and Lunch for the day you are registered
- Access to the Conference App
Virtual registration includes:
- Access to all keynote speakers and concurrent sessions
- Personalise your own programme
- Choose how you meet with the Exhibitors – Schedule meetings, live or video chat and access their brochures
- Access to the Poster Session, Q&A with poster presenters and view their posters and any additional handouts
- Connect with other delegates via the meeting hub
- Type your own session notes, while you watch a presentation, then export them directly to your email at the conclusion of the conference
- Live Support available
- Access to the discussion forum – chat with other virtual delegates during sessions
- *Optional social functions – Network with other virtual delegates in a more informal setting
Welcome Function Monday 28th June from 5pm venue to be confirmed. Cost: Included in the full registration / Day delegates and guests NZD$35.
Cost: NZD$90 and includes a 3 course meal and some beverages.
FIELD TRIP – WED 30 JUNE
Exploring the Mighty Waikato
Depart Hamilton at 9.00 am. Visit peat sites out in the general area of Ohaupo/Cambridge then visit Maanaki Whenua Landcare Research in Hamilton to view dung beetle experiments. Come back to Te Parapara gardens at Hamilton Gardens for a cultural soil experience followed by dinner on the Waikato River Explorer boat, leaving from the gardens.
Cost: NZD$55 field trip only plus NZD$39 for dinner and boat ride.